Last updated: April 27th 2022
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
Signant Health Holding Corp., having its registered address at 785 Arbor Way, Blue Bell, PA 19422, USA, and the local Signant Health entity of the country in which you applied for a job, are responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data (known in some jurisdictions as the data controller). A list of the data controllers can be found here.
What information does Signant Health collect?
Signant Health collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience, education and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the Signant Health needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your nationality, country of residence, visa and immigration status, entitlement to work in the country which you are applying;
- information about criminal offences and proceedings, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- background check information, such as a verification of your educational and professional background, and other relevant information subject to applicable laws;
- employment references;
- information about your personality, competency, ability and suitability for a position;
- information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We may also collect sensitive personal data to the extent that a candidate chooses, without being asked, to voluntarily disclose it during the recruiting process.
We process personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you register in our career portal, submit a job application to the company, or when we conduct a phone or in-person interview. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources, such as from persons you indicate as a reference, persons who referred you for a position, in connection with background or employment checks, and from third party recruitment sources. We may also collect personal data about you online to the extent that you have chosen to make this information publicly available. For example, we may find your profile on professional social media websites (such as LinkedIn), and contact you about suitable roles.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including our Application Tracking and HR System and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does Signant Health process personal data?
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you and respond to your requests or application: If you get in touch with us, we process information about you to communicate with you about your application or job interests. For example, we may update you on the status of your application, inform you about new vacancies or invite you for recruitment activities such as a phone or in-person interview.
- for recruitment, evaluation, background screening and hiring purposes: we process information about you to connect the right candidate with the right job at Signant Health and evaluate whether you are the right applicant for a position. We may therefore include information about you in our recruitment databases to manage our candidate selection and recruiting processes.
- to enable your use of our career portal: When you choose to register with us to set up an account on our career portal, we need to process your personal information so that we can create and administer your personal account. This personal information enables us to administer your account (such as authenticating your access or changing your password at your request).
- to analyze, develop and improve our career portal, our recruiting activities and our products and services: we may process information about you, for example if you encountered any problems in using our career portal.
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business: in some cases, we may process information about you to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as legally mandated reporting or other legal process requests. We may also process information about you in the performance and organization of our business and internal management, for example to conduct audits and investigations, for mergers and acquisitions, finance and accounting, archiving and insurance purposes and in the context of dispute resolution
Signant Health may process special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief, to monitor recruitment statistics and to support our efforts to create an inclusive and diverse work environment. It may also collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. Signant Health processes such information to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data
- Consent: In some cases, we ask you for your consent to process your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- Legitimate Interest: We process certain data for our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include, for example, administering an efficient recruitment process, managing applicants effectively, ensuring that we recruit appropriate employees and operating our business.
- Performance of a Contract: We process personal data to perform our obligations under an agreement we have with you or to take steps prior to entering an employment contract with you, where you are considered for employment. For example, we use your personal data to make you a job offer or complete a contract of employment with you.
- Other Legal Bases: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work, in response to a court or regulator order or to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations, including with regard to public health and workplace safety. We also may need to process your personal data to protect vital interests, or to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
Who has access to data?
Signant Health will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. Signant Health will then share your data with former employers and schools to obtain references for you, employment background checks providers to obtain necessary background checks.
Due to the global nature of Signant Health operations, personal data may be transferred to countries other than the country in which the personal data was originally collected, including the United States and other countries where affiliated companies are located. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will comply with all relevant data protection requirements to ensure your personal data is appropriately transferred and processed in these countries. This may include appropriate intracompany agreements or other contracts or other mechanisms that provide for the transfer of personal data across borders. For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), we may transfer your personal data to countries located outside of the EEA. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. With regard to transfers from the EEA to other countries, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your information.
How does Signant Health protect data?
Signant Health maintains reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Data against accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful access, copying, use, processing, disclosure, alteration, transfer, loss, or destruction in compliance with applicable law.
For how long does Signant Health keep data?
Signant Health will keep your personal data only for as long as it is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected or is being processed, or as required by law.
If you accept an offer of employment with us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements and with the privacy notice applicable to Signant Health employees, which will be provided during the on-boarding process.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Signant Health will hold your data on file for twelve months after the end of the relevant recruitment process, in case it is needed for legal purposes or for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period or if you request that we delete your data, we will delete your data, unless there is a legal requirement to keep it.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to an electronic and hard copy Human Resources file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
Subject to applicable laws, as a data subject, you may have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- transfer your personal data;
- require Signant Health to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Signant Health to delete or stop processing your data;
- object to the processing of your data where Signant Health is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
- withdraw your consent, to the extent our processing relies on your consent as the lawful basis for processing.;
- lodge a complaint with your local governing data protection authority.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by law.
If you have inquiries or complaints regarding how your Personal Data is being processed or to exercise your rights, please contact the Human Resources team at email@example.com or reach out to Signant Health’s Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Signant Health during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, Signant Health may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Changes to our privacy approach
We from time to time update our privacy approach for recruitment to ensure we stay up to date with legal requirements and good practice. We will post any updated notice on our website.